Dying on weekends is better than weekdays

 

Weekends: A weekly holiday that can be wasted 

"Thank God it is Friday" is a popular vibe we hear when the weekend approaches. Many people get super-excited about these unofficial days (Saturdays and Sundays) because they can lean and rest from a long week's stress. While others unplug and find balance during weekends to relax, hang out with important people in their lives, and be reflective about other issues, other people still plug to work physically or in-person; to them, that's the balance.



In a plight to understand how students spend their weekends, all Campus Media crept into campus students' lives to see how they find balance on the weekend to resume with 120% energy for school and work activities on Monday morning.

Ruth Okafor from A. B. U Zaria said, “I don't joke about my weekends. As a student, school activities are always hectic. My weekends start on Friday morning. TGIF members will understand. I get excited on Friday morning after less stressful school work. I go straight to the poolside to swim the stress away, play with friends, eat barbeque, drink, and relax; I don't go clubbing because I need to sleep and attend church on Sundays. Unfortunately, the weekend ended abruptly, and then the phobia of Monday's weekly stress comes back again.”




"I sometimes go into the office during the weekends," Abdul says. If my boss demands it, I can't complain. At times, there might be a prime reason not to, but my weekends help me unhook from the daily grind and have more time to reflect on my life and make plans for the future. "

Ebuka from Lagos State University, "I enjoy shifting gears during the weekends. I usually relax with rejuvenating activities, like playing outdoor sports and video games with friends."

Another student added, “Basically, I spend my weekend watching football. “



"I sleep in on the weekend to catch up on the sleep I couldn't get during the stressful week. Most importantly, I rest well, eat, pray, and watch sports at viewing centers because I enjoy watching sports, "Shalom said. 

"I only look forward to the weekend when I have something planned out, like events and hanging out with friends; outside of that, Saturdays are mostly reclining days," Zainab said.


After considering their comments, I would advise students to strike a balance between work and school activities, relax with friends, and love and appreciate productive activities on weekends. "Salary is the money they pay you to forget your dreams," says one of my favorite quotes. Weekends are the only time you have to make plans for your future." All Campus Show.



Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post