24yr Old 2:2 graduate earns 2 International Scholarships, Same Day

 


A young Nigerian lady, in the person of Miss Oluwafunmilayo, has recently been awarded two international scholarships, despite graduating from a Nigerian institution with a second class lower Bachelor’s degree certificate.


After several failed attempts, the 24 year old, in celebration of her impressive accomplishments, described the journey as difficult but worthwhile.

For years, I doubted my ability to bag any scholarships for my Masters degree because many scholarship granting organizations often stated clearly that they would prefer a minimum of 2:1. 

I remember that I applied for a prestigious scholarship and I was told that my leadership experience was superb and excellent, but I did not meet the academic criteria because of my CGPA from undergrad.

This year, I was awarded the Chevening Scholarship and the Irish Aid Scholarship on the same day.

"Both are fully funded with diverse opportunities, and it pains me that I have to let one of them go. So, if you have a 2:2 like me, the journey might be slightly tougher, but the world is your oyster!"She said.

Speaking with All Campus Show Correspondent, a National Student Cordinator, lauded Oluwafunmilayo's achievements and commended Nigerian students in general for being resilient irrespective of the discouragements surrounding the nation's educational system, pointing out that she is worthy of emulation.

He also admonished students not to be in despair with the outcome of their academic results, as they stand no chance of limiting them in life.

According to him, " you should not be disturbed because of bad results. You are not to blame. If a lecturer teaches you and you end up failing, that means the lecturer is also a failure.

Nonetheless, nobody can fail you except you. Always remember that, irrespective of the challenges, persistence and hard work will make your dreams come true."

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post