Headies: Father of Nigerian Students, Dr. Patrick Eholor, lauds Headies Awards over Portable's disqualification and implores to drop Burna Boy as well


Portable, a nominee for Rookie of the Year and Best Street Artiste in the upcoming 15th Headies Awards, has been disqualified by the organizers. 


This comes shortly after Mr. Habeeb Okikiola, otherwise known as Portable, made an indecent speech on his Instagram handle on the 25th of May, 2022. 

From his speech, we recall that he threatened to kill other nominees if he lost. 

According to him, "Those are my awards." Anybody else who wins, I will ask for them to be killed. I will ask them to kill the person. If the organisers give my award to someone else, they will die. "


Although his fans might be disappointed, the Afro-beat singer expressed no remorse after hearing the bad tidings. 

In his words, "I am a child of light. I have fame, I have money, I have cars, I have wives, I have children. I am rich. People know me everywhere. I don’t regret my actions.''

Following his forward behaviour, a Nigerian student spoke to All Campus expressing disgust at his behavior and said Portable’s response has proven that his stardom and fame are a prerequisite for his derogatory as well as being a nuisance to society.


Although he was disqualified for the use of indicting statements, assault (bully), and for publicly identifying as the leader of a cult group of one million boys, It is worth noting that Portable is not the only nominee with such blemishes. Fellow Afrobeats musician and nominee for the Category of Best Digital Artiste, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu a.k.a. Burnaboy, is also being investigated by police in connection with the June 8 Cubana Night Club shooting and other allegations.

The Founder/President of One Love Foundation and Human Rights Activist, Chief Dr. Patrick Osagie Eholor, also known as the Ultimate Equal, applauded the Organizers of Headies Smooth Promotions Limited, imploring them to also be unbiased by disqualifying Burnaboy as they have done to Portable. 

"They are in the same category. Because Burnaboy is facing an ongoing investigation over shooting at Cubana club. Burnaboy shouldn't be given any award under any categories because he is still under investigation. 

 "Musicians are supposed to be decent role models worthy of emulation in society." 

He called on the organizers to be unbiased in their judgement and scrutinize all the nominees appropriately and take vital actions before awarding them.


Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post