AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH A RISING STAR: MEET AUSTIN, NIGERIA’S NEWEST SENSATION.

All Campus Show (ACS) AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH A RISING STAR: MEET AUSTIN, NIGERIA’S NEWEST SENSATION. 

 It is so amazing seeing young people working to secure their future without engaging in any provocative acts to strive in life. As we can see in this current dispensation, many youths engage themselves in different kinds of immoral acts to acquire wealth “make it”. While some other youths prove this trend wrong by engaging in positive engagement to have a colourful future. Today, we are talking about positive way of making it in life, whereby some young persons follow the right ladder to the top without passing corners that brings sudden falls or death. Most of these young persons raised from the educational angle of life, which means combining the academic life and career life at the same time, below we quickly refer to some that have this trait, who started their career in life on campus and made it to the limelight. David Adeleke popularly known as Davido studied music at Babcock University (2011) where he started his career, he is reputed to be one of the most influential artists in Africa. Joseph Akinwale Akinfenwa, Joeboy is another recognized music artist who also studied human resources in great University of Lagos where he began his music career. However, let us meet a rising young star in the music industry from the University of Benin who just shot his first music video today and is the person of Ehinoria Austin aka Austin Judah.
ACS: AUSTIN CAN WE MEET U?

 AUSTIN: Yea, my name is Ehinoria Austin, popularly known as Austin Judah. I am from Edo State, Igueben LGA and I am from a family of seven as the last child. I started singing from the age of 10 in my church as a member of the choir, I have always had a flair for music right from then, I was raised in an entertainment environment so I struggled to get platforms in order to be heard.

 ACS: AS A MEMEMBER OF THE CHILDREN CHOIR, HOW DID YOU END UP SINGING REGGEA, WHY NOT THE GOSPEL?
 AUSTIN: The fact is that reggae is a revolutionary genre. It is a good means of talking about the contemporary issues in the society and preferred solutions to them. We can refer this to the artistes who have used reggae music to bring revolutionary movements in the society, the likes of Bob Marley, Majek Fashek in which I am also building on to positively affect our society and my generation.

 ACS: WHAT DO YOU STAND TO GAIN BY SINGING REGGEA? AUSTIN: Asides reggae, I am also into Afro Pop, but why I chose reggae for this particular project is because I want to change the mind of people and project a message of love, wisdom and oneness, to change the human perceptions on their society, so as to make our world a better place to live and if we must do that then love must take the lead. That is what I stand to achieve. 

 ACS: CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ON YOUR JUST CONCLUDED VIDEO TODAY, WHAT MESSAGE DO YOU INTEND TO PASS ACROSS WITH IT?
 AUSTIN: Ohh… the song ‘one life’ what inspires me to do the song is the discovery that life itself is a gift and we only live it once, therefore, it is better we use it to make our world a better place by creating impact. So my message in this song is that people should ensure their lives leave an impact on others, loving each other’s irrespective of your tribe, colour, race and societal status. And that is what I hope to achieve through the song, I just shot the video today and it was really a success. 

 ACS: APART FROM SINGING, WHAT ELSE DO YOU DO? 
AUSTIN: Well, apart from singing, I am also a student. I am a 300 level Mass Communication student at the university of Benin, Edo State. 

 ACS: SO HOW DO YOU MANAGE BOTH YOUR MUSICAL CAREER AND SCHOOLING AT THE SAME TIME?
 AUSTIN: It is very easy to manage both of these because singing is already in me and adding education to it makes it fly easily. Sometimes I can be in class and be inspired by the ongoing lectures and start writing music and also come back to class work. So, music is mobile and goes with me wherever I go. However, I have a time table for my studies and also for studio session, I make sure everything is balanced.

 ACS: SO WHO ARE YOUR ROLE MODELS? 
AUSTIN: I love and follow Timi Dakolo because of the kind of songs he does, I also love Cobham Asuquo as well as some other legends like Bob Marley, Majek Fashek and others. 

 ACS: AFTER THIS VIDEO “One Life” WHAT IS THE NEXT MOVE?
 AUSTIN: I intend working on a new project and It is titled ‘Velocity’ which mean speed. I want to really send message to people to be focused and not be distracted by the challenges of life, this would help to achieve their goals faster.

 ACS: ALRIGHT, GOOD ONE, SO WHO ARE THOSE THAT YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR SHOUT OUT TO?
 AUSTIN: My shout out goes to my friend Santos Taiwo and also my mother who has been there with me in this music career, also to Samuel Gift who is always there supporting as well as others who have been helpful especially today on this video

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post