BIU first class student narrates journey to the street.

 


A first class students has come out to share her experience while in school "I like getting the best out of anything I do. Also, my family and best friend believed in me and that I would make the first-class grade, and that helped.


Ede Raph-Ehigie, a graduate of Benson Idahosa University says "I was studying Zoology at the University of Benin before I switched to engineering at Benson Idahosa University. I dropped the course (Zoology) because it was too hard for me, and right from my primary school days, I ve always had my strengths and showed interest in mathematical subjects, so it was a total relief and easy for me to study Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I was the valedictorian at my secondary school graduation.



"I’ve never been a fan of biology-related courses, but my mother wanted me to study Medicine because she believed my gender didn’t fit in a workshop, but I got Zoology instead. It was very stressful for me. Meanwhile, I knew I could do much better in any engineering course. I wanted to be an electronics engineer, so my father encouraged me to switch to a preferred one. Electrical and Electronics Engineering is very complex, and electricity is the foundation of almost everything. The world is up and running as it is because of electronics, and electricity. You can apply basic electrical knowledge in several fields. It does take a lot of hard work, brain work, and focus, but it’s understandable and adventurous. So, I advise girls to give it a shot, stay focused, and pray about it.


"I got admitted into Igbinedion University Okada, Edo State, the year I left secondary school, but I didn’t wish to study there, so I prepared to gain another admission in the following year, and I got admitted into the University of Benin. I spent a year at UNIBEN before I dropped out to continue my education at Benson Idahosa University in Benin City because I didn’t want the kind of course I was studying at UNIBEN."



Ede got admission into Benson Idahosa University in 2018, she spoke to the Journalists that not everybody in her class graduated with a first class and she shared the things she thinks students could learn from you, in her statement she said 

"One thing I am very good at is time management. I am perfect at managing and balancing whatever I do. Meanwhile, I was the class representative, the resident advisor, and a student director, and I was still running my business. So, I was sure that I performed all my responsibilities on time and I didn’t waste time doing my assignments as well. I made sure I started studying way before exams. I searched for things I didn’t understand on YouTube and Google, and I always made sure I understood, instead of cramming. Most times, I stayed up at night reading. All these efforts, with the help of God, gave me an edge."

She concluded

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post